Make more of your city.
In this day and age, urban mobility means much more than just getting from A to B. Nowadays, you don’t want to miss anything but rather take advantage of everything that the city has to offer – even when you are on the move. The C 400 X gives you this opportunity. Are you networked and connected at all times? The C 400 X is too. It’s a mid-size scooter that easily overcomes a challenges of mobility in a city. Just take your favourite songs with you on the scooter and experience the city to your own personal soundtrack. Or make plans with friends on your connected smartphone without dismounting while you cruise comfortably through the metropolis. With the C 400 X, your city and routes become a large open space. An open space of your own that you can map out for yourself to have lots of fun.
Manoeuvrable, agile and characteristic throughout the city.
As its design suggests, the C 400 X mid-size scooter is made for the city – light and manoeuvrable. The implied V-shape of the trim components makes it appear dynamic and mobile when viewed from the front – a silhouette that emphasises that the C 400 X is superior in tight alleys and dense traffic. In addition, the C 400 X also features the robust and reliable spirit of the GS: the upright proportions, the suggestion of a front mudguard, the clear, graphic separation of the painted trim components and the large asymmetric headlight with full LED front lights and the horizontal Y-shape daytime running light are the clear characteristics of this. However, the trim components don’t just highlight its urban coolness but also protect you from wind and bad weather. Its slender rear also makes a statement and sends a clear message to all that you leave behind: This is how simple, quick and stress-free urban mobility can be.
Fully connected throughout the street network of the city.
BMW Motorrad Connectivity provides real innovation in the class of mid-size scooters. With this special equipment, you can connect your smartphone directly to your scooter. For the first time, the C 400 X can be used to connect your smartphone to the TFT display and to control it intuitively via multi-controller. Looking for the perfect music for riding through the city? No problem with the ex-factory option Connectivity. What’s the quickest route to your favourite restaurant? It couldn’t be easier to navigate quickly and safely to your destination with the innovative turn-by-turn arrows on the display. When riding, ask friends where they are? In combination with a BMW Motorrad communication system you can access your smartphone’s contact list via the multicontroller and make or take calls even when on the go.
Perfectly tuned throughout the city.
The engine concept of the C 400 X was specially developed for this mid-size scooter and adapted perfectly to the needs of a large city as well as to your needs. The highly efficient design provides low revs, high speeds, efficient combustion and minimal friction – or, in other words, low consumption and unlimited, uncomplicated fun. Naturally, the emission levels comply with Euro 4. In short: spontaneous riding manoeuvres, agile acceleration, dynamic gliding – with the C 400 X you can easily keep up with the speed of the city.
This is how comfortable urban mobility can be.
Commuter stress in city traffic belongs to the past from now on. Get to know the city and its routes from a whole new perspective with the C 400 X. The entire architecture of this mid-size scooter is designed for excellent, vibration-free rideability and stability on both straights and bends. ABS and automatic stability control (ASC) also come as standard for more safety, even on adverse road surface conditions. Your smartphone fits into the charging compartment with an integrated power outlet, so that you don’t have to miss anything during your journey and while exploring the city. The fold-out flexcase in the stand provides additional luggage room for helmets, bags and anything else the city has to offer.
|Type||Water-cooled single cylinder 4 stroke engine, 4 valves per cylinder, overhead camshaft with rocker arm, wet sump lubrication|
|Bore x stroke||80 mm x 69.6 mm|
|Rated output||25 kW (34 hp) at 7,500 rpm|
|Max. torque||35 Nm at 6,000 rpm|
|Compression ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Mixture control / engine management||BMS-E2 digital engine management|
|Emission standard||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4|
|Performance / fuel consumption|
|Maximum speed||139 km/h|
|Consumption w.r.t WMTC for 100km||3.51 l|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super 95 (ROZ), E10 compatible|
|Alternator||Permament Magnet generator 316 W|
|Battery||12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||Centrifugal dry clutch|
|Gearbox||Stepless CVT gearbox|
|Drive||Two step spur gearing|
|Chassis / brakes|
|Frame||Frame Steel tube construction with aluminum die cast unit|
|Front wheel location / suspension||Telescopic front fork Ø 35 mm|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Double aluminum swingarm, double springs struts, adjustable preload|
|Suspension travel front / rear||110 mm / 112 mm|
|Steering head angle||63.6°|
|Wheels||Aluminum cast wheels|
|Rim, front||3.50 x 15″|
|Rim, rear||4.25 x 14″|
|Tyres, front||120/70 15|
|Tyres, rear||150/70 14|
|Brake, front||Double disc brake, rigid, diameter 265 mm, 4-piston calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, 1-piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad ABS|
|Dimensions / weights|
|Width (incl. mirrors)||835 mm|
|Height (excl. mirrors)||1,305 mm|
|Seat height, unladen weight||775 mm|
|Inner leg curve, unladen weight||1,760 mm|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled 1)||204 kg|
|Dry weight||193 kg|
|Permitted total weight||405 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||201 kg|
|Usable tank volume||12.8 l|
Technical data relate to the unladen weight (DIN)
1) According to Directive 93/93/EEC with all fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable fuel tank
Original BMW Motorrad accessories for C 400 X
With its design, comfort, motorisation and safety features, the C 400 X is ideally prepared for the challenges of city traffic. Furthermore, there are even more opportunities to adapt it to your needs.
Topcase, small, 30 l
• Waterproof plastic topcase
• Capacity: approx. 30 l, big enough to accommodate one helmet
• Soft-close hinges allow the lid to be lowered gently to the closed position
• Optional: inner pocket for topcase
• Colour: black/matt metallic granite-grey or black/Racingred solid paint
Topcase light, 29 l
• Plastic topcase
• Capacity: approx. 29 l, big enough to accommodate one helmet
• Large rear reflector
• Including a lock barrel with two keys, an adapter plate and mounting material
• Optional: inner pocket for topcase
• Strong, warp-resistant luggage carrier with an attractive design
• To take the topcase and for securing other items of luggage
• Colour: aluminium silver
ERGONOMY AND COMFORT
Windscreen, high, clear
• Enhanced wind and weather protection for the rider
• Improved touring capability; even long motorway trips can be ridden in comfort
• Dimensions (HxW): 579×410 mm
• Scratchproof coating for long-term clarity
• Easier to reach the ground thanks to the lower seat height and smaller seated-arc length
• Seat height: 760 mm (15 mm lower as the Standard seat)
• Material: high-quality seat surface in textured leatherette
• Perfect-fit, waterproof protective cover is the ideal protection against wind, weather and road dirt for the rider’s legs and lower body.
• Patented anti-wobble system with inflatable air cushions prevents wobbling at high speeds
• Externally operated red buttons to open the glove box
• Robust outer material made of polyamide/PVC/polyester
• Polyester non-woven fabric liner, removable and attached by means of stud fasteners, protects against the cold.
• Robust, 2-part crash bars made of electro-polished special steel
• Effective protection against damage to the painted trim panel components
• Mounting available for LED additional headlights
LED auxiliary headlights
• Powerful LED auxiliary headlight in die-cast aluminium housing
• More safety on the road: regardless of fog, rain or snow, better vision and better visibility
• LEDs are so long-lasting as to be virtually wear-free, so operation is fault-free and maintenance-free as well
*The special equipment or optional accessories listed on this page are only an excerpt from the latest BMW Motorrad customization range. All special equipment, optional accessories and packages can be found in the BMW Motorrad configurator.